Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Step ONE, The Orphans

Sorry The Picture came out blurry the Camera is not that great

This is a really defining post for me, I know that I have expressed many times before about how bad I want to be in Africa but it's just not God's timing yet. There is no doubt that the call is there, I think about it every day literally all the time. The Children how much they changed my life, how much God spoke to me, I remember all the little faces. I have taken my Grandmothers advice and I've started to write an illustrated book about what God spoke to me there (The tale of the Orphan). I wish I was holding those little one's, playing in the sand, singing songs, climbing rocks and running through fields. I wish so much, but again it's just not his timing yet. But the coolest thing about God is that even though I cant go yet he still keeps me close to them, he has given me a gift and he wants me to use it. Art, I cant be there but God has put on my heart to bring them here, I've been drawing pictures and I have one finished already, but the whole purpose is to produce as much artwork that I possibly can of all the children, people, and scenery of Africa that I have and can remember sell it and give all the money I make 100% to Children's Cup. That way more orphans will be taken care of and more mouths will be fed. God put this on my heart a few months back and now it's starting to take place which is so awesome. Step One for me is the Orphans. I will keep posting Art as I finish each peace but for now here is the first.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

how much dude ill buy it

Anonymous said...

that is wonderful, keep listening to your heart.
much love,
patti

Anonymous said...

Beautiful... your heart, your art... you! I hope all is well in married land and police officering job.... man!