Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The everyday ordinary is often hard

I have to admit that pretty often I get very frustrated with the mundane. I cant stand repetition or groundhog day weeks where you can say everything that is going to happen before Monday even comes. If it is something you love than that is different but when you find yourself wishing you had greater purpose or even felt purpose then it is very frustrating. Being honest I feel like that a whole lot as of late. As a Male God has created me with a sense of conquer and exploration, this heart of adventure and danger. I often feel in my life that there is predictability and average, boredom and routine. I am not the average guy, alot of people want the 9 to 5 with a big house and American dream. Six figure job, nice car's, boats, material stuff. I would love a cabin in Colorado or Alaska maybe even Montana with a lot of land, I want travel and adventure, the feeling that your heart is alive and not suffocating from lack of testosterone, from lack of zeal, from lack of meaning. I open my Bible every morning, read, and look at the Gospel, what a great adventure. What an amazing life sold out for Christ holds. What an eternal purpose, winning the lost to Christ. I know that God has seasons and times where he is molding and shaping and we must learn so that we are not stuck in a lesson we should have been done with years ago. Transparency for a moment, that is tuff. I've learned that hiding behind mask gets nothing but friends that hide behind mask, transparency sets the heart free.

thoughts
1. Dive into your Bible
2.Travel often
3.Work less family and friends more( obvisouly you have to pay bills but you know what I mean.
4.Use you talents, bless people and give give give.
5.Challange yourself to encourage someone every single day, build them up.
6.Get in shape, working out helps your stress, or beat up a sibling I do with my brothers all the time.
7. be thankful all the time, others have it worse, so could we.

No comments: