Friday, December 17, 2010

Studying for Guys Retreat


One of my favorite things about Epic student ministries at my church is the guys Ministry. I love getting together with a bunch of young men on fire for God, there passion to see Jesus lifted up is contagious and there heart to see others come to know Him is inspiring. This weekend the 17th and 18th I'm really excited because it's our first Guys retreat in a long time. Today's day and age we see so few Men getting involved in Church. They are lining the walls in sports bars and athletic stadiums but so few are on the front lines of God's kingdom. It's such a privilege and honor for me to be apart of what God is doing at our church and in the young men at Epic that I could not imagine doing any thing else with my life other than serving. I sat down this week and looked at the topic, Encounter Yourself!!!! God how do you want me to share your word on this, what do you want me to say. Barton share your story!!! That's all I herd, and all I laughed about to because these past few years have been an amazing encounter with myself. Truly learning who God is in my life and who he sees me as not who I have made myself to be. I made my Cinnamon tea and broke out the Good book and began studying, God place in me your Heart!!! It's amazing how when you sit down in Gods word and truly let it pierce you the words of God will convict and challenge your every motive and aspiration. I Love His word and have often been convicted of not reading enough, but the great thing is that God uses his word no matter when you read or what it always comes to life in your heart and will draw you to be more like Him. Often studying as a teacher of the word makes you realize one thing. I need to be way more a student than anything else!!!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Thats looks like some goodness!!!