Saturday, February 14, 2009

An Expensive Decision

OK, so I know this is a crazy post but I couldn't help but find humor in this this past week. I was down in New Orleans working a job at a funeral home of all places, needless to say I had some awkward feelings about it on the way there. But as we got to the site and walked into the room we were going to be working in and it was full of casket's. Wow, what a great feeling I'm in a room full of happy smiling faces all looking forward to the big football game party we are about to throw, not hardly. I'm in a room full of final check in hotels for the next 8 hours. And to top it off, we had to wait an hour because they had a service in session once we got there, also awkward. But as the day went on I started to walk around and look at all the caskets and I was pretty shocked at what I saw, $5,000 for a box this must be a scam. Ok, a little aggressive on the scam comment but I could not reason with myself that much for a box you wont even see, much less that is going in the ground 6 ft under. And then it hit me, that is the story of all the people in the world that don't have a relationship with Christ. Spend your whole life building temporary wealth and searching for all these temporary things to give a temporary peace when in the end all your doing is investing your whole life into a dead end that cost you a whole lot, (An eternity). It's pretty cool to think about our bodies being a tent, and when we pass on God will give us our glorified bodies. Why, because we gave our lives to Christ and he gave us an eternal purpose to spend our lives on. $5,ooo for this old boy, not quite, how about a couple of pieces of ply wood and some 2 by 4's to hold it together. It was a pretty serious environment but a funny thought that I work for a company with the name Ultimate Storage and I had to do a job at a funeral home. IRONIC. Anyways, just some thoughts about investment's. Or better yet, some expensive temporary yet eternal decisions.

No comments: