Friday, February 26, 2010

The Rescue in the Darkness

It has been a while sense I have done any poetry but this one has been burning in my heart for a while. The story is about Man and his struggle with the flesh and the spirit and Jesus that rescues.

My Heart is held captive by the tent where it dwells and the fire that feeds it has been locked behind stone. Why has this shell not been shaken of its hold, or its grip not been torn of it's claim. This wild passion longs for release but only silence is herd, and desperation turns violent as these two men come to fame. Why does this war wage only to see ground taken and then ground regained. If I could run faster then I surely would go or if I could swim farther then I would let sea call my name. These two men that besiege me one is truth that lives free and the other that calls me gives death with eyes that cant see. OH how I long for the sword will cut through the night piercing the darkness pouring in me true light. In the battles they face one cries out in despair but the man of great darkness gives pain with no care. The chains that once bound me had torn through my skin but after I'm free there I return once again, why all this pulling that claws in my chest in chasing His light this tent gives me no rest. I see His grace giving life in my soul and His truth that sets free on my heart it lays hold. But this man that beckons me in his heart there's no life only darkness that binds me and a path filled with strife. In these two men one can see death that is free and in the core of his heart knows his eyes can now see. But the man that wages war his hatred is strong and the life that he gains is death without song. Oh heart, oh heart, The One that is calling can see these two men, He knows there's a battle that neither can win. His Army stands ready war they will wage but The One that is Calling steps on to His stage. Into the darkness He fought them and called me by name He slayed all the dragons by His sword covered in flame. He saw me in the distance battling within one longing for life the other for sin. By His hands He had grasped me pulling me tight to His chest in the midst of His presence I felt life giving rest. His arms covered in justice and His hands drenched in Grace He plowed through the darkness putting shame to there face. As He broke through the night darkness no longer I'd see only His grace abounding and His Love that sets free. With His body He ransomed me and fought through the night He called out my name and carried me to His light. Oh heart Oh heart only night did I see but because of His Blood Oh Heart your now free!!!!

No comments: