Saturday, May 1, 2010

14 days till Honduras

Thanks to the amazing Heather Stewart I was able to gather a few pics of the sights and adventures of Honduras from her facebook(She is a full time Missionary there). We have 14 days till we leave, and in all honesty I have a totally different level of excitement for this missions trip than any other trip I have ever been on. One of the reasons has to do with the history of how it all got started in Honduras and the 2nd has to do with I have never been there. There is a new level of expectation and a new level of spiritual preparation that has been on my heart. I think alot of times when you go to a place more than once you can let your guard down or casually coast into the place thinking I've been here done that. It's always a new challenge spiritually to go into a new place, the smells are different, the sights are different, the culture is different, you cant do things the same that you can do in places you have been before. But the great thing is you get a chance to grow in ways you would not have been able to being in places your familiar with. I love new trip's because God allows you to see what He is doing in the world and how there are believers all across the world, beautiful people everywhere serving and following Jesus. It helps you see the big picture. I love meeting new people and getting to hear there stories and life journey at the end of the day you realize more often than not even though you came to help them they are truly giving you so much spiritually. I'm really excited and looking forward to what God is going to do, in filling us up then pouring us out, because the main thing is Jesus and our purpose is others.

(Just a few pics of what Honduras looks like and some of the areas we will be going to).



No comments: