Saturday, May 29, 2010

The Pain of the Mission Field

There is a section in the New Testament where Paul is sharing his internal struggle with friends that he is about to leave, he knows he will probably never see them again until they get to Heaven and they know it as well. Before Paul departs there is much crying and weeping and anguish in there hearts about the loss and separation they are about to feel. Honestly that's how I feel right now, I have never felt that way towards any other mission trip before in my life, Africa I know I will see again. And God lets me revisit there every day in my heart because it stole a piece of me and kept it for itself. But I know that's where I'm called. It gets harder every trip I take because I feel that anguish in my heart towards the people in the field and having to leave them. For me the sacrifice is not the leaving all that we have here in the states but leaving the people that have taken pieces of my heart and kept it for themselves on the field. I feel the loss knowing that I may only see them again if God allows and if not then my heart is full of sorrow until that day. How beautiful are the people that lay there lives down for the Gospel and how beautiful are those that give up home, country, and comfort to see the Kingdom of God advance. It tears at my heart to part with them, and only wait on God to give another day of fellowship. For me The Pain of The Mission Field is having to part ways with those who for only a short period of time dug a well so deep in your life that when you pull from it, it is only Gods heart of Joy and love. It amazes me how you can be born in a country and not even feel at home, but when you go to the least of these you never want to leave, my soul misses all my dear friends on the field, and knows that weather here or in Heaven one day all the saints will sit together, and fellowship where the sun will never set!!!!

No comments: