Sunday, January 11, 2009

21 Days of Prayer and Fasting

Jan 12, at 6:00 in the Morning starts a season that I Love at the Church. Prayer and Fasting, it brings a closeness and a fresh reminder to the Church body and to me that what it's all about is our personal relationship with Jesus Christ. I Love starting my day off in prayer, I have to admit I havent been the best at it sense I've been out of Healing Place School of Ministry. But this 21 days each year really allows me to just give God all of me with other believers. When I used to here that we were as a church going to do 21 days of prayer I used to think man I've got 21 days to pray about so much stuff, that will never be enough time to talk to God about all that is going on, where do I begin. God the world is really messed up, help me to fix it. That's where I started a time or to, thank goodness i've grown a little and God has helped me with this. My heart this year has really been pressed for the Orphans in Africa, Guidance for 2009, and a big Move on the Horizion for Heather and Me. But more than any of that I want God's will to be done, and for others to come to know and have a personal relationship with Christ. thats most important. I have also set out to write and finish a book that has been on my heart for awhile, it's only going to be 33 pages long but I believe that it will speak to the hearts of people about one of Gods greatest Loves. The book is going to be about the Orphans in Africa. 21 DAYS OF PRAYER AND FASTING, it's a great way to really plug into God's heart and know what he wants for you and what he wants you to do for him. Really it's all about centering him in your life and giving up some of those things that come and go like the wind, giving up the temporary to gain the eternal. And nothing better than putting Jesus first in every area of our life.

PRAYER POINTS
1. If you have a new years resolution to get in shape pray and walk at the same time, you would be amazed at how many laps in the church you will make. And it helps you stay awake for early mornings.( Although if your super spiritual you dont get tired your always Glowing in Glory, J/K ).

2. Morning prayer is not about catching up with your One year Bible reading, I know I was in Bible school and God really convicted me about this. But you can read your bible. God speaks to me alot through scriptures for my day.

3. Try prayer without music, music is completly ok. For me though I have found that I start singing and get distracted when I play music, but other times Music helps me get focused. But it's a really good way to hear God's voice uninterrupted when the rest of the day your employee's will be playing beasty boys or some really family friendly 4 letter lyrics that soothe your soul.

4. Just be transparent and real with God he already knows you, and what you need any way so just go to him like a child. He Loves you and wants the best for you.

5. Really believe that he wants to talk to you, if pinnocho a puppet, could believe a cricket, we God's children should trust our Creator.

6. What is always on your Heart, he wants to hear about it and give you direction.

7. Finally thank him for how Good he is, the Bible says when we thank him and praise him then he gives us peace. Peace that only comes for the father. Give him thanks, weather it is a good season or a bad season, he still is God and has great things planned for you.

No comments: