Wednesday, January 21, 2009

New Art, 21 days countdown, What God is Doing

So for this 21 days of Prayer my heart has been geared towards Africa and the Orphans that Children's Cup is reaching out to. It has been a big challenge for me because I usually find myself ok with my words being able to communicate pretty well whats on my heart, but this season is different, this Season I have struggled praying. But the funny thing in that is God has me writing prayers more and Expressing my heart towards him in Art. It has been really neat to see a new work and a new language being expressed towards God. I grew up not knowing much about prayer except that you just talk with God, share your heart,dreams,passions,fears, and desire to live for him and he will talk back. Well he definitely talks back and speaks to me in such awesome ways, mostly in that still small voice. But with this new direction he has nudged me into for the past few days it has been a totally eye opening experience. Talk to you through Art, or through writing, I don't really understand but I'm definitely willing. In this, God has shown me so many things that I have never seen. As I write it writing my prayer like Psalms, as I draw it's like putting myself in the shoes of those Children through each expression of the pencil and brush, reminding me and reawakening me to there need and there hearts. Prayer is so powerful and such a great tool that God has given us to stay on track with what he wants to do in our lives. Pray , Fast, and Seek it's his hearts desire to be close to us, these little things will help us get close to him, just make it a heart thing and not a ritual or religion. It's all about the heart.

The little boy we called RED BOOTS, he has had such an amazing influence in my life for Orphans and taking care of them. He is also the inspiration behind the book I'm writing. This art piece is only about a 1/4 of the way done.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Barton!! I just teared up at this post. Wow. I miss red boots. I have been fasting as well, and africa has been my focus as well. I miss you ! I am praying for you. I'll never forget all the memories in africa. and all the laughs ya'll got out of me!!!

Love you big brother!!
Hannah D.