Monday, January 5, 2009

8 POINT DOWN

CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE



So this is definitely the biggest Buck I've killed to this date,8point, 15in spread, 215Pd's, and a really cool story to go with it. Sense the beginning of this hunting season I have been really excited about this year's opportunity to get a big one. It's funny you always hear guys talking about this year is gonna be the big one I can just feel it, well I did not have a clue what this year had in store but I could feel that it was gonna be a good season. This past weekend Major and Me went up to Mississippi to do a little hunting,and for the past month and a half I've been going up to the camp to hunt every weekend and have not pulled the trigger once. Well after I got off work Friday I came home and decided I was going to stay home but Heather made sure that left that weekend to for all the times I've come home frustrated not seeing a big one. So Major and me set out, this time we were going to the camp on the river, it was raining, completely calm, and a cold front coming in. I brought my Journal, My Bible, some snacks, my portable DVD player and my Dog, it was definitely a mans weekend. But at the same time it was such a relaxing weekend, Major and me sat out by the fire late at night and the turned the ac real low and crawled up in the sleeping bag to do some reading and journal. 5:00 came real early the next morning, I got up, got dressed, and let Major sleep in. After a morning of now bucks just one doe I got back to the camp just before the rain came in heavy. 3:30, time to head out again, I had a grunt call in my pocket and my rifle in my hands, I was feeling pretty good because usually after a big rain deer come out to reclaim the places that were washed away by the water. After I got to my spot I started to make some calls while the fog started settling in, after about 10 min a doe came out and started trotting my way, then immediately a buck came out chasing her, well those two were sprinting all the way across the field then another buck came chasing them. They came in and out of the woods so fast I did not have time to get a shot. 5:10 I make a couple of grunts and then I herd him, errr, errr. He called back I could feel my heart start to race, ok Barton stay calm, breathe, and get ready, a few more calls, the he called back again, errr, errr. I could hear him running through the water behind me. Finally he started calling me, 5:20 I hear him grunt in the woods directly to my right I give one final call the there he was, running out into the field about sixty yrds in front of me. I saw him then made a grunt to get him to stop, he looked over at me then paused, I got my scope on him then he began to trot across the field. It's now or never, line the cross hairs up, squeeze, boom, I waited the smoke cleared, I looked back through my scope and there he was 135 yrds down right were he stood, 5:25 on the dot. I was so excited, this hunt is definitely all because of how good God is. He blessed me with more than I deserved. I felt so wild after that hunt, like a man that was surviving off of the wild, it was a really great awesome hunt. That night ended finally at 12:15pm with
dirty hands, tired eyes, a sleepy dog, but a clean deer. Jesus you are so awesome all glory to you. Hopefully there will be more this year, but hopefully next time it will be Heather and not me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how you going to cook him
luv ya dude