Sunday, November 25, 2007

A Family First

Well Thanksgiving has come and gone but one of the things I Love the most is family time, it seems like nowadays it comes so few and far between with all our different lives but I definitely soak it all up when we have those moments. This year was definitely one of them. The Big Hunt. We Love Hunting in my family, or anything to do with guns really, but we Love being in the woods and just plain old Hunting. And this year was special because my younger brother Lance and me got to spend allot of time together and go on two Hunts together. But the special moment was on the 22nd. We had just finished resting from afternoon lunch and decided to get ready for our hunt that night. It had been foggy and rainy all day so we decided to leave early at around 2:15 because the deer were moving all day. Lance went to the bottom field in a stand and I took off up the road to a field connected to the pipe line. Now anyone that knows me knows that I get pretty crazy when it comes to Hunting, allot people get excited because they get the deer meat I get excited because I get to say I outsmarted the animal. I stalked and killed the deer and he never knew I was there. I go into warrior mode and really picture myself as man vs beast. Yeah it's kinda weird but I'm just kinda wired that way. But at 5:15 after being on the stand for a couple of hrs I hear a shot, and sure enough it came from the bottom field. Now I wasn't sure if Lance had shot anything yet so I stayed on the stand and at 5:30 I saw a buck walking out of the field, Yep you guessed it, VAPORISED. So after I shot him I jumped on the 4 wheeler to head back to the house to find my 13 yr old brother riding on his 4 wheeler with my grandmother getting ready to go and get his deer. It was pretty funny. It was A Family First two deer in one night and it was my brothers first. I'm definitely not a dad yet but it does even now make me realise how cool those moments are. Cherish the memories, it is easy to get consumed in work sometimes but times like that remind me what it's all about, People, mainly your Family. I had a great Thanksgiving and great time with the family. After it was over we stayed up until 1:30 cleaning the deer, It was big brother teaching little brother and after that we got some sleep. It was a great Thanksgiving, Mrs Claudia always tells me if you have the choice between money or memories chose memories, and it so true they always last longer and are so much more valuable.


This is the E-true Hollywood Bambi Story



Hunting in a shed behind the house watching a field early morning

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grandma wants to know how did you get that window open?