Thursday, November 1, 2007

My 23 Birthday

Ok So my Birthday was October 30 and I know it's been a few days but I'm just now getting to blog. I'm finally 23 and it's really scarry to be honest, I never really have handeled the age thing to well. There is always that since in me that says you can go 5 days without sleep, and run 18 miles without stopping, and lift a 1000 pounds without ever pulling a muscle. I have deffinatly discovered that a few years in the Marines and plenty of sports injuries catch up with you, haha. And that Im invenciable mentallity only last till your 18. But it was a great day we went to the new cabellas that just opened up and then we went to cracker barrel to have dinner, after we headed home watched spider man 3 and ate some cake. As I get older I have come to value the few times with family I get nowaday's alot more than spending time with something else. I always find it interesting how just a day with a title on it always gives you a new perspective on things in life. One year older, but diffrent outake on things, more aware and much more intentional. I love how value comes with understanding, now that I understand what is so important I can see why it is so valuable to me. The greatest presents always come from God this year he gave me time with family, 4 yrs ago on Paris Island, I turned 19, then he let me know how important my family really is. But this year it was just time, soak it up because there are only so many more days where presents can be given. And only so many more days where I can stuff my face with cracker barrell pancakes.

Lance,Heather,Mom, Me

Me stuffing my face with pancakes

Cracker Barrell

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy late...

crud - wish i'd known it today while we were shooting. i'd have done something to celebrate. like wipe some of my thumb blood on you from where i tore myself up holding the pistol wrong.

congrats anyway (late) - glad our AK buddies in moz let you live to see 23. had fun hangin' with ya today.

Anonymous said...

"Crud"...Can we say that Dan?!......Anyway HAPPY late birthday my friend! Wish i would of known..i would of bought you a one way ticket back to Cali! :-)
lol...your the man!