Thursday, April 17, 2008

Arc Conference and the New Journey

This past weekend was the Arc Conference at Birmingham Alabama, and I have to say what an amazing experience. Amazing men like Pastor Dino, Pastor Chris Hodges, Pastor Brian Houston, Pastor Matt Fry, and so many more were all there sharing there live's and experiences of ministry. I dont think that I could have ever expected to learn so much in just 3 days. It was an awesome experience just to see the raw honesty from such Godly men, getting real about ministry struggle's and burdens they have,it really made you want to pray for them more, and gave me hope to know that God is faithful even in the tough times. It was a weekend jammed packed with work, and little sleep, but deffinatly one of the most memorable moments that I have had in these 3 years of Elevate. As the end of the trip came to a close I finally had my last meeting with Pastor Mike. After three years in the program and now only five weeks away from graduating I have to say during the meeting I had the greatest peace. Last year I was sweating bullets but this year I felt completly at peace, I love how God, no matter what the outcome in the natural, give's you peace in your heart. Even though things may be hard and you dont have answers to whatever is going on. As the second night came to an end and we finished talking I immediatly started Laughing, why? yeah I thought the same thing to. God has really brought me to a place for the last 5 yrs of my life where every big decision that comes up I dont have a clue what is going to happen next. He just makes it happen when it is the hardest time for me, it's seems funny to me because God does this alot to me. I am learning that he is really wanting all of my faith, and that he wants to bring me to new levals of growth and trust in him. It's hard but I know he is faithful. After I left the military I did not have a clue what to do, then he brought me to Elevate. After the first two years I was faced with what to do again he made a way. Now I am faced with that situtation again where to go what to do. I'm getting married in less than 3 months and I dont have a job, havent had one in the last 3 years, I would say thats something to laugh at. But he is faithful and he knows my heart and what we gave these last 3 yrs. All I know is that we are not owed anything but I want to give everything. It's a new season and a new journey, my heart is to bring the Gospel to the world, but it's his timing and his word that tells us when, thats what I want to stay submitted to. But for now my heart is heavy with prayer and fasting, and keeping the right perspective. I want my life to be like Jospeh, I may look like I'm in prison but whats hidden on the inside is a prince. It all boils down to the heart, keep that pure and hidden in him and you will always have joy, no matter what.

Pastor Dino preaching it up.

Pastor Brian Houston

Me and the guys eating BBQ RIBS

My 2nd year family. I Love these Guys

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love to hear what God is doing thru you. How you share the awesome relationship that you have. It blesses me so much and I know that His provision is upon you.