Friday, April 11, 2008

Bare Naked Truth

A few nights ago we had a class for Elevate at Pastor Dino's house and ever since then the Ghost has been carving on my Heart. I heard Brother Dave Ohlerking say something that brought me back several months ago to an life changing moment that I had. To the root of who I want to be, and to Christ the Disciple I want to become. QUOTE: Jesus took the Bread, then he Broke it, then he passed it out for use. Only when we are Broken can Christ really use us, and disperse us out for his ultimate purpose. I absolutely began to weep, I felt as though God why so many times have I continually put my hands in your way keeping you from breaking this bread and passing me out the way you want to. If you know Brother Dave you would know that he is one of the most humble men you will ever meet in your life. He has absolutely given his life as a living sacrifice to Christ. I want that so bad and I desire a life that is completely on the edge for Christ, without care for myself worth but only the worth found in him. Those that know me know I'm a little tough at times and tend to be rough on the edges. I have to confess, I am so tired of this, so tired of feeling like I'm failing at all that Christ wants me to be. I read throughout Hebrews on the great Hall of Faith and tell myself, do I have stories like that in me that are ready to be lived, stories that one day they will write about telling others what an awesome God he served. I feel so little and so without purpose so many days, it may not seem like it but if I share the bare naked truth, tear down the Tuf outer man, and reveal the heart. There he is, hidden in a shell of faces, full of Desperation to make God famous, to travel and Preach. To lay it all on the line without any thing left in the tank. My heart is craving more, and I struggle with this Holy Discomfort, this spiritual dissatisfaction of what am I doing wrong. Or the truth may be will I just wait? Barton you could be a hidden Joseph, but it's all in how you live this season. My heart is a Moses, God what can I offer, do you know that I am nothing. But then he is everything, he is all I must become, and all I truly desire. This is what I want!!!! Christ

1 comment:

anthonyyoon said...

hey barton! thanks for the comment, totally miss you guys. how is everything over there?