Friday, April 25, 2008

The Legand and HUGE Respect

One of my favorite people in the entire is Jack Dyer, Aka (The Legend)when we talk about people in the Ministry who have laid it all on the line and lived a life on the Edge for Christ we talk about Brother Jack. He is the Modern day Christ following Indiana Jones. He has done everything from flying his old 2 seater plane into war zones delivering medical supplies to churches in Honduras and hospitals, to living in India for 7 years after living in Honduras for 23. He is an Engineer by trade and also was in the Army, and owned some of the top Arabian Horses in the World at one point. Brother Jack over the past year has really become a spiritual father to me, just investing time towards my growth that I'm honestly not at all worthy to recieve. He told me a couple days ago that all he wants to do before he passes away is devote the rest of his time to the Church and the Elevate students,what a heart, most people after retiring would rather chill and pick up a hobby or something but that just speaks Huge volumes about his heart and the man of God he is. Thanks Brother Jack your such a blessing.

We also had the Awesome priveledge of being able to serve at the Special Olympic Tennis Qualifying Matches today. I have to say that I have a whole new respect for what these amazing individuals accomplish. Tam, the guy I spent time with today got a chance to show Musso and me the way it all works, and how hard it really is. It was so much harder than it looks, Tam was blasting serves down my neck I couldent keep up for anything. HUGE Respect, Tam had such a great heart, his outlook and perspective on life really challanged me to live in everything I do with a new attitude of Thankfulness and a greater heart to serve others. When I saw how happy the guys were out there today it made me think, God has blessed me so much do I truly live with an Attitude of thankfulness as much as I should. Thats a lesson I'm learning and trying to get better at every day. I'm thankful for Tam, and I hope that I can keep the attitude of Joy he had everyday.


Musso wipped out trying to go to fast.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Hey did you ever hear of MonringStar??? contact me.. ryan.s.588@gmail.com