Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Bachelor Party 3 days till Wedding

So I have 3 days till my Wedding, and one thought comes to my mind. (Finally!!!!)That's kind of a joke Heather and me have. This Friday will be 1 year and 6 months that we have been engaged, it has been such a long time but at the same time it has gone by so quick. It has been amazing how God has taught us so much with this time that has gone by, patience, grace, forgiveness, and Love. It's going to be an amazing day, and a great gift back to God for giving us one another. But on to the Bachelor party, 4 wheeler off road and ramp jumping, finished off with some seafood and College baseball. It was the first time I have ever been on a motocross track so it was definitely a blast for me. Rooster lip's a good friend of mine let us come over to his house and ride the course in his back yard, it was huge and full of mud just the way it was meant to be, but a great time a huge blessing to be able to hang out with the boys. After that we headed back to the house to watch the game and chill, nothing better than just catching up and enjoying each other's friendship. I think back on some of the moments these guys have been there for me that have really been life changing investments, words spoken, wisdom shared. I have come to realize how hard it is to find true friends these days, not people looking for something from you, no strings attached, but genuine care and an honest heart. Proverbs 12:26 says A righteous man is cautious in friendship, but the way of the wicked leads them astray. What I have learned about this verse is not so much me being anything righteous but about these guys believing in me enough to be a friend. It is a great honor. And they have been amazing friends. But when it all comes down to it, my best friend my Love is Heather. All of my groomsman are, Best Man Edwin Williams he has been a great leader in my life and a true friend that has invested in me more than I could ever give to him. Elton Mile served with him in the Marine Corp and we have been staying close ever since. Bryan Alford one of my best friend's, he keeps me straight when Heather is not around. Eric Block, my older brother, been there when I needed an ear to listen, and a word of encouragement. Tim Leblanc Heather's brother, one of the funniest guys I know and a great friend, crazy good on the x-box. And My Paw Paw Cecil, my inspiration in everything and my book of wisdom, I could not ask for a greater friend or a more loving grandfather, he is the best. I Love this journey in life, you learn so much and God is so good, regardless of the bumps and bruises there is life in it all if you let God teach you. And what a better way to learn than share it with friendship's of a lifetime.
Elton Clearing a jump
Edwin Acting like a punk avoiding the mud Edwin and Me Elton and Me Elton Clearing the jump

1 comment:

Kelly Pitts said...

Hey man! I can't believe the big day is this friday!!! :) I'm so excited for you!