Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Lightning and Water Parks


To start off, this is Heidi, Heather's sister, and the small blue blob curled up in the fetal position is Kelsey, Heidi's little girl. It was pretty funny at the time but about an hour earlier we were at the top of a 60ft steel water slide when lightning struck right by us. Now since I used my training Chuck Norris taught me back in the Military, I was able to remain calm under extremly violent and gail force hurricane weather conditions, but judging by the rest of the angry mob their training did not pay off so much. I felt like I was in one of those situtations where things could have got really bad b/c people were freaking out screaming and cursing, trying to get down as fast as possible. I tried to get people to calm down but this one lady behind me was crusing me out telling me to get out of her way before we get fried up here. I kinda started laughing, while at the same time having this huge urge to want to punch her, I know it sounds bad I'm just being honest. But this is Kelsey back under the canopy where all the lifeguards kept us until the storm passed. It's a mixture of staying warm while also hiding from the lightning striking all around us. It's funny how when your little you think as long as you can keep your self from seeing what it is that scares you, you will be fine. I wish that were the case but you can't get over your fear until you face what it is that scares you that way you can know how to overcome it. But in this case I think Kelsey is doing a mighty fine job. haha.

No comments: