Saturday, June 2, 2007

A Broken Heart and Righteous Anger


I have grown up for so long around a culture that tends to joke about the actions of the sinner, and the things they do that place them in such a lost and messed up state. As I thought about this it brought back all the times I've been with Christians that talk about how it's funny to see the way drunk people behave, or the clothes some girls wear at the bars, or the one moment Im passing out a water bottle and the next I'm talking about the very guy I passed the bottle too conversations. I was bothered by all of this so deeply today, why do we spend so much time talking about the sinner to others, Instead why dont we spend time talking about all of the sinners to God. I was so bothered by this, I've been in Danville now for close to a week and a 1/2 and I see a culture that has everything but has nothing, has the wealth of the world but no treasure in their soul. I sat in the town yesterday just watching people and learning and as sat their I saw so much depression and purposeless living. I wanted to stand up and shout about the freedom and truth of Christ and the bondage that could be lifted from them, the bondage of image, and greed, the bondage of self, and lust. Oh my heart just broke b/c I sat their at 22 years old and I could see straight thru the enemy but it was like he was just smiling saying what freedom can you give these people. I got so made at the blanket he has pulled over God's children I started to journal about all the problems of the people and the many sins I saw holding them hostage, then God spoke to me. Tell me about them bring them to me cry out for them, and then he showed me this verse. Ephesians 2:1-4 Once you were dead beacause of your disobedience and your many sins, just like the rest of the world,obeying the devil-the commander of the powers in the unseen world. He is the spirit at work in the hearts of those who refuse to obey God. All of us used to live that way, following the passionate desires and inclinations of our sinful nature.By our very nature we were subject to God's anger,just like everyone else. BUT GOD IS SO RICH IN MERCY,AND HE LOVED US SO MUCH,THAT EVEN THOUGH WE WERE DEAD B/C OF OUR SINS, HE GAVE US LIFE WHEN HE RAISED CHRIST FROM THE DEAD. IT IS ONLY BY GODS GRACE YOU HAVE BEEN SAVED. Please if you read this in your heart have a righteous anger towards the enemy and dont let him focus your mind on the actions of the sinner, for once you as I were bound by the enemy but by Gods grace we have been Saved. Take them to God let your heart break for them, always remember how much they mean to Christ, and never let them become a mere problem in conversation, but hold them deeply in prayer, it is your mandate it is your privledge by God.

1 comment:

Stephanie Musso said...

Hey Barton - This blog is great...what a revelation...it reminds me of when Danny first received Jesus and he wanted his entire family to, also. He talked and talked to them about Jesus, and then, very frustrated with their lack of response, Johnny Green told him this, "Stop talking to your family about Jesus and start talking to Jesus about your family!" Words of wisdom that line up with what you've posted here! Sounds like you are right where you need to be in God's plan for your life...we sure do miss you...there's nobody to eat all the leftovers! Love, Momma Moose