Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Always Look to the Top

So this past Monday I was presented with an opportunity that I couldent pass up. Pastor Rob asked me if I wanted to cycle Mt.Diablo the tallest Mountain in Danville, and me being the guy that would try to climb Mt.Everest in a pair of shorts and a t-shirt all in one day b/c Im not that smart said let's go for it. I started after the work day was done and jumped on my bike, now I did not bring any water, and I deffinatly did not stretch before I went I just took off like I normally do. Well after about 4 and 1/2 hours later I finally reached the Summit. Now it takes alot for me to say this b/c I try to be a tought guy all the time, and the guy that never shows pain no matter what the circumstance, but I was deffinatly dehydrated, dizzy after I got of my bike, and my legs were cramping like crazy. But In all this I learned something huge and God really showed me something while batteling that Mountain. With every pedal and hour that passed bye, my mind kept thinking how much pain I was in, and how much farther I had to go, but not one time did my ride ever leval off or go anywhere but vertical. And it was funny in the moment b/c God spoke to me in the time I was strugling the most. Always look to the TOP. You are in an urgent battle for the lost, and the mountain is big but you have to go up. I was climbing the whole time thinking about every foot and every inch right in front of me, when I should have been focused on the top where he was,and then I thought to myself I have been so focused on the temporary and not focused on the eternal, when you focus on him nothing else matters b/c when you focus on him everything takes care of itself. No matter how big the Mountain is You have to go up, but always keep your sights on Him. The prize is not in the finish but how you finished, how well we run the race. When I was done later that night I was reading Philippians 1:6 and the verse said. Being confidant of this very thing,that he who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ. It made me think stay focused on him and he will be faithful to complete the work, We just need to stay focused on the top. Thats it always keep you eyes on him not ourselves, or posessions, or anything of this world we have to fight for it, b/c the climb is straight up but look to him always look to him and push thru no matter what the cost.




5 comments:

T-Barry said...

Barton I must say that is absolutely amazing we miss ya man

Love,



T-Barry

Kaycee said...

Barton, you are awesome!! I'm so proud of you...my brother! Miss you! Be the best!

Love, Kaycee

Anonymous said...

Okay that is sick and I am jealous! I mean jealous with capital letters too! You are a lucky and highly favored man Barton. Isn't it just like our God to bless our hearts with amazing experiences and lessons while we are enjoying them! Praise HIm!!!!

Patrick Conti said...

I think you're like me in the fact that I often find God speaks to me when I am in nature and/or doing something active.

Hope California is a totally amazing experience. I will be praying that you and Rob have some major wins for the Kingdom. To Him be all the glory! God bless!

Jamie said...

Hey,
call me when you get a chance, 'cause I'm not sure when your doing stuff and not doing stuff! lol Miss you, man!