Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Slammin Night at Refuge

Tonight was a slamming night at Refuge (Our Youth Service at HPC), I was thinking about how priveledged I am to be able to spend time with and invest in some of the greatest guys I have come to know here at Refuge. All of the guys around me are so sold out for God and full of Passion to spread his name to the world and make him famous. They deffinatly serve it up every day at their schools and with their friends, and they have deffinatly challanged me to go the extra mile in my walk with God. One thing I have always believed in is the next generation, I grew up with about 5 diffrent youth pastors and when I look back I really wish I would have had a someone there that would have really taken time to invest in me. I promised myself that I would never do that to the youth when I have the chance to invest in them. I challenge you, if there is a young person you can invest in reach out to them and let them know how much God Loves them, trust me it means the world to them, and one day they might come to you thanking you for how much you really showed Jesus to them.Pastor Tweez doing his thing, tonight's message was about Not letting the devil losen your grip on Jesus but hold firm to him no matter what the season your in. Like Paul said press on towards the mark and run towards the high calling of Christ Jesus. We cant afford to losen one finger to the enemy, let us hold tight that way when we get to the end we are no longer holding on to him but embracing him.

3 comments:

im>just-teli@ said...

BARTON!!!!hey i havent seen you in fo-eva...miss you man!...hey update on shay shay and his gurl...they broke up on thursday. Hate to say it but im glad and super reieved! is was just a bad relationship hormonal wise..you know what i mean. Well miss you guys(soon to be wife.tell her i said hello)see yall sunday.

Barton Pickens said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Can't . . . believe . . . I . . . missed it . . .