Friday, March 16, 2007

My Friend, His Heart

It's amazing what God wants to teach us thru the ones the world has forgotten, this was deffinatly one of the most awesome experiences of my life, in Down town Baton Rouge in the inner city we worked an event called the wow Jam that some good friends of the church came and put on, a big outreach to the lost and hurting in areas no one wants to go to or be apart of, My Friend is what little Davante kept calling me the whole day. He got Baptized Sunday 3/3/07 at gus young park and it touched my heart b/c little Davante had no one with him when he made that Decision for Christ, I stood right beside him and just smilled b/c Gods heart had to be beating so hard with Love for him, Davante is mentally challanged and after he got Baptized I had to help him get dressed and dry off and take care of him and feed him, it just made me think of how God takes care of us how he takes care of our every need and clothes us and feeds us, and never turns away from us. My heart was broken and I will never forget that this is Gods heartbeat and his cry for those that have nothing, we are here to give and Love, this weekend we have Amplified and I can picture one more highschool student or jr high kid that needs someone to listen and be a friend, thats his heart and that is why we are here to reach the world by serving one.

1 comment:

David said...

I don't have faith like yours, but you glow with the love of your God which is great to read.