Friday, July 27, 2007

The Big Finale and the Open Road

Well Thursday night we had our big Bar B-QUE and final show for the parents for VBS. There was over 220 people that showed up for the event and over 3/4 of them were first time visitors. God really did awesome things this week and moved the hearts of Danville like only he can. There was so much work that went into the event and God really blessed us for all the effort put into VBS. Countless hours and a tremendous lack of sleep the amazing people of HPC Danville with Gods annointing did an awesome job. With all of that said it has now become a bitter sweet moment for me. Saturday morning I head out on a long drive back home and I am so looking to see my Love Heather, the family, and just get back to rocking and rolling at the Highland Campus with my Refuge guys. But at the same time there are some relationships I have built here that I am sad to see continue from a distance. Great people like Pastor Rob and Brianna Read, Tyler and Michelle Douglass my extended family, Roger and Kathy Gunderson and so many more, also my boy Ricki great servant and one day a great leader. It was truly an awesome experience and journey for me to look into the lives of the great men and women here and share life with them, I am so thankful for their Hearts and how they serve and for allowing me the opportunity to be apart of what God is doing. HPC Danville has changed my life and truly has become closer to my heart than I would have ever known.




Two thousand one hundred and ninty five miles of open road, what do you see in front of you. For me it was a journey, and an experience I will never forget. I have grown so much and have learned a lifetime. Now it's time to start again, moving closer towards Christ, and knowing that only on the path less followed is the path that leads to him. Thankyou Danville you guys are Awesome.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

be safe bubba

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! You lucky thing!!
B- check out my blog, you will die laughing.

Anonymous said...

I know Heather must be extatic, haven't talked to her yet today, but I know she has been looking forward to your return. glad the expiernce was a good one. I have something for you when you get back, but its a surprise, All I can say is it will remind you of Heather.

Colleen said...

hey buddy! So excited you are coming home! How are things going? We miss you here. Please call when you get in so we all can catch up. Would love to see you and heather soon! Looking forward to it!!!

LiL Bit' said...

BARTONNNNNNN. Add me to your blogroll Mr. I cant believe im not on there. Shame shame

Miss ya brutha