Sunday, July 1, 2007

The Gospel Must Go forth

Well it's been an interesting past week, with all the work that has been going on at the Danville Campus the Devil has been attacking big time back home. My Younger brother has been going thru alot recently trying to stay on the right path, my grandmother just had a surgery to remove possible cancer, and my best friend has just walked out on his wife. With all of this going on it brought me back to something I told the Elevate team before we went to Africa, the Devil cant contend with the immediate work God has anointed us to do, he circles around us to attack from the rear. He goes after our family's our loved one's and anything he can to distract us from what God has appointed us to do. It's been a tuff week. I remembered Paul and his words of encouragement, his words of strength, words of Devotion. I press on towards the Mark and high calling of Christ Jesus, forgetting what was behind me and looking forward towards the Goal. Man this brought comfort,healing,and a fire to see the Lost in Danville come to know Christ. Proverbs 18:10 Says "The name of the Lord is a strong Tower;the righteous run to it and are protected. I couldn't think of anything but Press forward towards Christ, he kept me on his path. The Pictures are from our Water outreach that we were doing to help promote our VBS and to just bless the community. We had a great turn out and over 400 bottles got passed out, we had a guy come give a donation to the Church this morning just b/c he liked what we were doing. The devil can try all he wants to stop God's Glory out here but the Lord will not have it, The Gospel must Go Forth. So I encourage you, Press on and remember it is a High Calling, which means there will be things in the way of the Summit, but you must press forward and remember the Lost that so desperately need the Love and Salvation of Christ Jesus.


Preparing for the Water outreach


Tyler and Me have been building this barn for VBS

These are the animals I have been making for VBS, it's been alot of painting and drawing to get close to 14 animals done.






RANDOM IMAGE OF THE WEEK

My Favorite Car in the World, I took out a loan and made a purchase from this guy in Danville, I figured it would look nice next to my Chevy and Bicycle

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh!if you really bought that car we would have some serious problems on the homefront...lol i love you baby

Anonymous said...

B- so glad to see your courage! You are a fighter, always have been, always will be. it is a rare trait and one to be pursued.

Will be praying for you and your friends and fam.

Glad to see you using your art skills, they are bad to the bone :)

Glad there were no more bike pics, I was getting pretty mad.

Love that you were the only one in the RED serve shirt- gotta represent boyyyy!

Nat

Anonymous said...

Barten
wow the summer is flying. I know you are doing a lot for God over there, but when you get back we are all going out for waffles. :-) Camp was amazing but I know that Jamie and the guys missed you ( not to mention Heather missing you). Have a blessed week