Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The Race is On

For all of you that don't know my favorite athlete in the world is Lance Armstrong and for the last 3 days now the most grueling race on earth has been taking place, The Tour De France. To give some stats on this years race I want to put the numbers into perspective. I drove 2195 miles to get to Danville California from Louisiana in 2 days, this years tour is 21 days and 2191 miles long that is over half of the United States in 21 days on a bike and 4 miles less than what I drove. There are over 181 cyclist in the race,only 3 will place and one will win the yellow jersey. I love this sport so much b/c it is absolutely a test of the will and the desire inside of you, how hard are you willing to push and how much will you give to be the man in yellow. Even though Lance no longer races I still think about the great achievements he made 7 tour wins. No one in history has ever won past 3 in a row, but Lance won 7 in a row.I had this Simple thought, when things get tough don't give up there is a long race ahead but the prize at the end is worth it. There are alot of people pursuing the end some will finish some will not, some will walk away from the race and some will finish at the very top. So what will it be for you, THE RACE IS ON



1 comment:

Stephanie Musso said...

What a great post! I am reminded of the scripture, "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race..." Oh, that we may finish the race, dragging others across the finish line with us! That's what you are doing in California! We're soooooo proud of you and your devotion to the Kingdom. Poppa Moose and Paul are extremely pumped about the Refuge trip to LA. They leave Monday p.m. and expect great things to happen out there. I pray that everything that takes place on this mission trip is for the glory of God! Be strong...and keep pedaling! Love, Momma Moose