Saturday, January 26, 2008

The House Of Christ

What's your first thought when you think of a house, or your own home, what is the first thing that comes to mind. I know for me it's whats inside, the tv, kitchen, how much food is in the fridge, cleanup that must be done, or just getting to sit on the couch. It's a funny thought but a very unique one when you think of the poverty of the inner city. This weekend we had our student Ministries leaders retreat at our new dream center in downtown BR, and God really showed up and did an awesome work. There was a thought in my head about being the house, and what kind of house will I be. Will I be a house that has open doors our will my doors be shut. Alot of times in inner city work it's hard to see the results of all the hours you have invested into people. But as I was mediating on what God wanted to do this weekend he just spoke to me something very simple, son what kind of House are you going to be. I want to be a house that when people come in they are comforted, the rooms are inviting and the food they will be given(my words) will be food of life. The host will be a great listener and the guest can relax in the comfort of what will hopefully be his own home as well. I want the doors of this home to be open, where people can see straight through the house and say nothing is hidden and I know that it is real and genuine. Paul talked in the New Testament about leaders, and how leaders should open their homes to those who cant repay you, invite those who dont have the things you have and are far less fortunate than yourselves. Because you rewards wont be physical rewards but rewards that are in Heaven. As I thought about this in my heart I said, I dont just want my physical home to be open to others but I want my life to be open to others as well. This temple, were God dwells should be an open home to others. People should be able to come and relax in this house, and feel comforted because it's my personal life that should be a home for others to rest in, this is the calling that God has given us(OTHERS). My heart is that our personal lives will be homes for others to dwell in that the may experience the heart of Jesus. And know him because of his presence in our house, his temple. Let our doors be open and our homes be warm, because their are so many people that have neither physical nor spiritual homes to dwell in Christ. And they are longing for a place to find true rest, true peace, and true Love. The Love of Christ.

No comments: