Thursday, January 17, 2008

Is there Still Hope?

Quote: Patience is the Weapon that will force deception to Reveal itself.

A couple of days ago I had a class with Lee Domingue, he is one of the great business men of Louisiana and an awesome servant at HPC. He was teaching on patience and the role of Kings in the Minister's life, and the role of Minister's in the Kings life. As he was teaching he said that quote and it really forced me back into the past of regret, shame, and purpose. Your probably wondering what I'm talking about and what do I mean so let me explain. Have you even been put in a situation where allot was put on you and throughout time and circumstances what was in you was pushed out and you exposed, revealed to the world to be lesser than you and those around you thought you were. It was honestly a HEART BREAKING MOMENT, reminding me of what things I have done and how much it set me back. Do I live a life destined for what my dreams were and heart craved or am I know funneled for simple and desolate because of my choices. No matter what others around you say to you to encourage you there is always that inner battle with yourself to feel and believe what God already feels about you. The smiles always come off and the desperation for love is left sitting on the floor or desolation. The skin is pealed back and the S is torn from your chest. Was what I once thought about myself just concealed until the smoke cleared and the bullets stopped flying or does God have a greater plan that I cannot see yet. All I know is By Grace through faith we have been saved not by our works lest any man should boast, this keeps me hoping and believing, trusting in Him. Letting my my own Heart believe that even though man judges the outward appearance God judges the Heart. I have failed so many times and I am so very Human but one thing remains HE IS LORD and he is Sovereign, I believe in all of us the is great destiny the only thing preventing that is us not believing in ourselves what God already does. And what Christ has already made a way for.

2 comments:

Carole Turner said...

Grace is amazing!

Rock on Barton!

Anonymous said...

Good stuff bro- seeing what He sees, quite a task