Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Weekend Recap/ All for His Glory

This has definitely been one of the longest weeks of the year so far, but also one of the most fulfilling. I've had the awesome priveledge of being able to go serve at the St.Amant / Spanish campus for the past month or so at 8:00 in the morning on Sunday's. Then I head over to Highland for 10:00 and 12:00 service. It was an awesome morning b/c the St.Amant service was completly packed and we had to create new parking spots for all the people coming in, it's so awesome to se the people hungry for God. Then after heading over to Highland I got assigned to drive the Limo Golf cart. Now I have to say I love driving that thing b/c the conversations even though short and sometimes really funny bring such a joy, but this particular morning was around 50 degrees and I was freezing. Yes I was thinking about Hot Chocolate and fuzzy mittens to stay warm, it was great. But the best part was I when I was getting ready to head in and I noticed a car with flashing light's on (first time guest)driving into the lot, and as I saw her it almost slipped my mind about the sign we have at the front of the road first time guest use flashers. Now when I remembered I drove the limo up to the car and noticed a little old lady driving, the first thing I thought was I hope my big ugly face dosent scare her off haha. But it was great because she followed me to the back of the lot jumped in the cart and told me she had never been to the church before. What an experience to know that God would bring this lady to Church on a sunday morning and have her ride with a big Goofy kid like me, very humbling experience. As I parked the cart b/t services I looked back at the new Sanctuary and remembered thatis what it is all about. Those that are not yet here. The ones that are still to come, and the one that God is waiting to respond. It's all for his Glory, nothing more, just Jesus. That is what move's me, I want to be the person that no matter how cold no matter how far no matter what the cost I'll do it all for Jesus. If I'm not doing it for him than I'm doing it in vien. Then this morning Natalie came and shared her testimony at Denham Springs jr.High, God really moved and touched hearts. With all the things going on it really boils down to doing it all for Jesus. No matter if we are speaking or scrubbing toilets, it's all for him. There are so many reasons why we find other things to put our efforts and work into, but the diffrence between the temporary and the eternal is simple, it's a choice. I want to continually choose him.

St.Amant / Spanish Campus

Me freezing driving the Limo cart.

The new Campus/ HPC ARENA

Natalie preaching up a storm, she leaves for Africa this upcoming week keep her in your prayers, and check out her Blog at http://nataliespera.com

No comments: