Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Prayer, Fasting, Sacrifice,New Year

One of the things I Love the Most is early morning prayer. This year the Church is starting off with a couple weeks of morning prayer at 6:00 am at the Highland Campus. It for me is just a great time to have some uninterupted time with God,talking and just listening to his voice. It is always a great way to start off the day early in the morning putting him first and letting him prepare you for the things that lie ahead. I had to open the doors this morning so I wanted to get there before everyone else just to get some personal quiet time, but the one thing that I always think about when I get to the church early is the stillness and quiet, to me it's like God is waiting on me and anxious for me to just rest in his arms. I love the peace of God, when you in his house there is just something sacred about that. I know he lives in the believers heart but there is always something special to me about setting yourself aside to be were he is lifted up I dont know just a little thought I guess. But this morning I was thinking about my trip to the WWII Museaum that we went to a couple of days ago, and God just really laid on my heart sacrifice for the new year. I was in the Marine Corp and while walking thru that season of my life again I couldent help but think about all the great men who sacrificed for this country, but as I thought about how I was apart of those men God just laid on my heart how much of an Honor it was to be apart of all the great men who have sacrificed so much even up to death their live's for the Gospel. It is truly an Honor and so Humbling to me to even be put into catagory just because Im a believer with the great men and women of the Gospel.They have sacrificed so much for the cause. Jesus you are so awesome. It truly is a priveledge, it just reminds me how much more we should sacrifice for the eternal than the temperol. He is truly worthy, and I hope we never forget how much of an Honor we have been given to serve him, Let us Sacrifice for that Honor.

The New Campus as the sun rises over the top.

The sanctuary early in the morning.

An american Flag recovered from a battle in WWII.

No comments: