Monday, March 17, 2008

2 Amazing days of Ministry

So where do I begin Friday and Saturday have been some of the most amazing days of my life. Friday we scheduled a guys night at the Highland Campus,and not just any guys night but the ultimate guys night. Capture the flag, 15 of my favorite refuge guys showed up to the Church at 9:00 and went Rambo mode until 11:00 it was one of the funnest night's I've ever had. I absolutly love youth ministry and especially the guys, it's sad but true that nowadays you see so few men taking a stand because of the lack of input into their lives, but I'm proud to be apart of a church that makes it high priority. I love watching young men come together like David's mighty men of the Bible, just giving it all to Jesus. It really inspires me to want to do more for Christ just seeing how they serve and live for God, they are all like little brothers to me. And then Saturday was a life Changing experience for me, I had an amazing opportunity to speak to some amazing young adults out at Denham Springs for a get together. Every tuesday morning we go to the freshman high and hangout with the kids before school, we bring food, talk about God, and just have fun it's a real awesome priveledge. But for the last couple of months we had been trying to get an event together for after school, a bar-b-que, swimming party, something but it never happened. But this past Saturday we finally pulled it off, and I have to say it was beyond words what took place, God deffinatly showed up that day and changed not only young students hearts, but mine as well. The Denham Students had practiced for 6 months on the life House play that they performed that afternoon and it honestly brought me to tears watching them, seeing God use them to touch heart's, they really did and awesome job. And a young man named Austin lead worship he did a slamming job and really poured his heart out. After the break I had the priveledge of sharring my heart with them about Taking a Stand. I could not stop thinking about all the things in my life that have gone on and how there are so many people far more worthy and far greater than me when it comes to their faith and personal relationship with God. Why me, what do I have to say, God you must know who I am right why not someone else. It was so humbling. I love how God will bless you and speak to you in the most powerful ways and it not even be for you but completly for others. At the end two girls gave their hearts to Jesus, and one girl recommitted her life to him. I cant say enough that those moments are the greatest in the world. To know that you got to be apart of eternity, not because of anything i did but everything Christ did. What a priveledge what a blessing. Their is so much to say about God's love, but not a life time long enough to do so. I pray that I get to experience God moments like that more, and decide in myself that the sideline will never be an option for me but, I will do what ever it takes to serve Christ.

Capture The Flag, My Rambo Squad

The Denham Students doing the Life House Play and me sharing with the students about Taking A Stand

No comments: