Saturday, March 8, 2008

3yrs, A Time of Hope, A day of Reflection

In the past couple of weeks I've been faced with a Family situation that has placed alot of weight on my heart, and has made me think alot about my faith. My Grandmother Shabba, my Dad's mom, went into the Hospital about a week and a Half ago from Emphysema, and was put on over 90% of oxygen from Lung Failure. During this time I got a phone call from my Dad that all this was going on and was told she might not make it. I immediately started praying just asking God for a chance to be able to share my faith with her and the story of Christ. Well a week later I got a call from dad that she is home able to talk, and on oxygen, a huge relief. During all of this so many things were going through my head about what to say once I got to see shabba and what was God preparing for my family in all of this. So once the weekend came off I went. Dad who I have not seen in over 3yrs pulled up to the house the same time I did(he drove in from Nashville Tn) got out gave me a big hug and talked with me a little about the past few weeks. As we walked in the house Shabba was as Chipper as always but this time with a little oxygen to help through the day. Immediatly we sat down cought up on old time's and talked about everything from Africa to her progress through the weeks. It became a great time of Hope for me and a day of reflection, as we looked through old photo's of family History and talked about Christ it really sunk deep into my heart. I watched my dad go to the extreme from the moment we walked in to the moment we went to sleep serving Shabba, true Jesus stlye. After a little while dad and me left to get groceries for dinner that night and caught up on a lot of lost time. As the day went on I started to think alot about Life,Jesus,and how fast time passes by, there is nothing more important than his message of Love, his message of salvation. Bro Wayne always says that there is nothing more important than your first ministry, your family. As I get older and see how people change I'm so greatful that his message always stays the same. No matter our circumstances he is the answer, and gives life to those who believe.

Shabba's house in Daimond Head Mississippi

Dad cooking dinner

Us looking through old family photo's

Shabba growing up.

Sleeping after a long day. Shabba has always fallen asleep in the craziest places.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how cool we love you dude