Friday, March 14, 2008

Deep slow cook!

I have had time to think about what happened this past weekend and what God is doing in all of this. Alot of times my mind would wonder and believe that little ole me has very little impact,but in the end God showed me something that has been churning in my soul. The time when Jesus was at the synagogue and the man with the crippled hand was asking for help kept coming to my mind over and over. Jesus was in the synagogue on the sabbath and all the Pharisees were watching and waiting for Him to make the mistake of breaking the law, Jesus having compassion on the man healed his hand despite of what the Pharisees might say or do. When I was driving back to my house there was a sense of peace in my heart that I have not felt before, the feeling that everything I had I left on the field and held nothing back. There was a sense of no matter what Man might think or no matter how my family might look at me I have to do what is right I have to share the good news. I thought about Jesus alot in those moments, what did he think about the religious leaders, did his heart hurt more for them than the man with the disability, or was he driven to do what he did to show them true Love goes beyond an institution or a man made rule. I believe that Jesus heart was broken for them both, knowing they did not understand he had to show them, and knowing the man had a need he had to show him Love. Beyond what it would cost him. Earthly pride, position, man's disapproval, all these things Christ saw and said it's worth it for my father's glory he must be shown in this he must be glorified. I kept hearing God's voice saying do you care more about how you will be viewed or your comfortable state or do you want them to know me, because if you do then you wont care about the position your in but use the position I have given you to share about me. There was defiantly fear, what do I say, how do I say it, I kept trying to tell myself what does a 23 yr old have to say about Christ to his dad and grandmother. Then God stopped me and said it's not about what you have to say it's about what I already done. Out of all these thoughts the one thing that has stuck with me is Christ did what was right regardless of what culture thought, what people what say, how how they would react. He honored God and pressed through the wall of comfort and pleasure and put himself on the line to show others the heart of the father, Love. I pray that in any situation no matter how uncomfortable or how much we would rather the easy road or pleasure, we will take the high road put ourselves aside and tell others the good news. The message of Christ, that one uncomfortable moment for us could be someone Else's greatest moment ever, a relationship with Jesus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

every word you say we hear clearly and love you for it not holding we and mostly me ARE SO VERY PROUD OF YOU ALWAYS my hero
love you dude