Saturday, March 29, 2008

What are Your Sandals



For the past few days I have really been meditating on this one scripture from Exodus 3:4-5, the story of Moses and the Burning Bush. The scripture verse I've really been reading over and over again says this vs 4. When the Lord saw that he(Moses) had gone over to look, God called out to him from the bush,"Moses,Moses!" "Here I am," he answered. 5 "Do not come any closer,"He said.Take your Sandals off your feet, for the place where you are standing is holy ground. Take your Sandals off, for awhile I could not understand why this was so important to God, but once I started doing inventory in my own life I understood why He showed me this verse. Have you ever been in a worship setting or in your prayer time and over and over again you could not understand why you could not feel God's presence. I looked at this scripture and the Holy spirit gave me this. Barton I am bringing us together,I'm right next to you but I wont let you come any closer, and we cannot begin this meeting until you take your sandals off. Barton there are some thing's in your life that until you put those aside and get bare before me I cant share with you. You cant have just some of me and then go, or pick and chose when you want or how much of me you want for the day. It's all or nothing, and I will share with you once you remove the things in your life that are hindering you from experiencing all of me. WOW, it might seem like God was smoking me with some serious heart issues but it was the simplest most sincere Love towards the obvious. Spend 3 hrs on TV and then expect God to show up in the 5 min of prayer before bed time. Or pray on the way to work instead of getting up early for my quiet time. I loved this moment, truth, raw Love, and his word that always brings us back to him. For a long time I used to get so upset and would feel like I let God down and he would now put me aside when I failed at things like this, but as I grew older and I realized that the correction was his Love it was amazing, if he never corrected me then he wouldn't care about me becoming better. He just wants me bare and unhindered, hang the hat up and put the coat on the rack, stay awhile you know. It hurts when you have friends that you want to be close with but you know they are holding something in,burring themselves in frustration,bitterness,jealously,fear. It's the same thing I believe with God, he's crying out cast all those things aside and I will take care of them ,but if you try to bring them in the meeting and hold onto them and not let go, then we wont be able to have each other fully. If I'm honest my Sandals are often myself, just plan old me. God I'm ready to meet but let me do my thing first. Oh how I love his Grace, and his patience with this weak man. What beautiful moments when the Sandals are removed and Jesus is near. For when we are bare before him he can clothe us in his righteousness, no better place to be. Now the question we must ask is what are our Sandals?

No comments: