Wednesday, March 19, 2008

24 hrs of MAN Time

Summed up in one phrase, Man Time. My boy Bryan and me took off to the camp in Mississippi this weekend for some good ole hang out and Chill time. It was an awesome weekend, Bryan has really become a good friend in my life over the past year and has invested alot in me as a true friend, him and his fiancee Stephanie are an awesome couple and really have an authentic relationship with Christ, their awesome. But this past week we decided to just take off for a get away and ran into alot more than we bargained for. Snakes,cats,turtles,and glass bottles mixed with a little testosterone and a lot of Gun power turns into a great combo. We turned the camp chill time into a war zone against evil poisonous rodents, and a shooting range for big guns. It was a great week just connecting with God, and really growing personal relationships. God always does something special when Men come together under the heart of Christ. I love the story of David's mighty men and the heart of unity they had, Loyalty,Courage,and Determination. Willing to do whatever it takes for the cause of Christ and for the committment to one another. The strength that comes from men who have the same heart for Christ and same passion for the Gospel is overwhelming to the enemy. One of my favorite verses in the Bible is jOHN 15:13 FOR GREATER lOVE HAS NO MAN THAN THIS THAN TO LAY DOWN HIS LIFE FOR ANOTHER. It's hard to find true friends in this day and age, ones that wont want anything in return other than your friendship. That's way this weekend was so cool, our bond grew closer as brother's but more than that our heart's grew closer towards Christ. That is what it is all about.

Two snakes I almost stepped on, thankfully Bryan and my Springfield 45 took care of that.

My Boy Bryan and the snakes,two cotton mouth's.


My Dog General Patton(Boxer) his first field trip outside the yard, he loved it.

1 comment:

Carole Turner said...

WOW! Snakes totally freak me out, especially the deadly kind.

Glad you guys are alive and well.