Tuesday, May 27, 2008

22hrs, Graduation, and Home!!!

We finally made it, after a delay in South Africa that cost us an extra night in the airport and a 22hr plane ride we are home. It is defiantly weird being home, it feels like we were gone for so long but at the same time like we never left. Right after we arrived at the airport we had 4 hrs before we had to be at the Church for graduation, it was such a surreal feeling. 1 day before I was holding orphans in another world and the very next I'm receiving a diploma with all my friends, it has been a very dreamlike state for the past few days but I know that God is doing something on the inside I've been feeling it sense I left. With all that said it's good to be home,I'm starting a whole new transition and beginning a new season in life. I get married in exactly 30 days to the most amazing woman in the world (Heather Leblanc), and then we head to Jamaica, so right back on a plane. I honestly have so much in my mind right now that it's hard to write everything, it has been 3 of the most incredible yrs of my life, with the most incredible people, and the most incredible moments ever, and the best is still to come. God is so good, when I look back on all of this I don't deserve any of it but yet he blessed me anyway, God you are so good, in the good and bad times. I also had an awesome privilege to see my former Pastor Bro. Mel and his wife of 60 yrs (what an awesome story)Mrs Estel at my graduation. It was such a blessing they have such gentle spirits about themselves, and one of the most genuine heart's for people I have ever seen, I gave my heart to Christ under his ministry and I am truly grateful for his patience with my stubborn rear end, haha. It's feels good to blog again, there is so much I want to share with all you guy's but not enough space to write, but I do want to say it is really amazing to me to have so many awesome people from around the world that drop in on me to hear all the crazy ramblings, sharing my Love for Christ is such a blessing to be able to do with all of you, thank you. Well now the new season's begin and new door's are to be opened, Africa has changed my life, so has Elevate, and the most amazing church family ever HPC. There little eye's spoke so much, the one thing that will forever be with me is, even with so little they have so much. Joy from a coat hanger and paint roller far exceeded a kid with an X-Box and a million toy's, so many lessons that have just been scorched into my soul.It's Time to grow more, time to learn, and time to share with other's all that he has done. I love what Pastor Scott Bledsoe said at graduation last night, you can be a 10 at this leval, but it will never be as good as being a 1 one the next leval are you willing to move on to be a one again, with God there is no stopping, just growing if you desire. It might be painful but I'm going to try my best to be the one.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bro- you ARE MISSED OUT HERE!!! I hope it is grand int he States because Africa is not the same without ya'll here... Sorry about the layover!!!

Heather Stewart said...

aww thats a great pic of you and red boots!