Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Water Pump, and A Can of Beans


Ive had a couple of things happen to me since I have been here that have really moved on my heart but the main one that God spoke to me was a little event that has taken place on several occasions, A Water Pump And A Can Of Beans. Every day the little kids will go and pump water from a well and fill up there bowls and wash there plates, then from there they run to get in line and grab the only meal they will recieve for the day, a bowl of white rice with beans. As I have watched these kids do this over and over I decided to go and pump the water for them so they could wash there hands and be able to go eat faster,but today was diffrent I began pumping the well and as I was pumping and they were getting water God spoke to me so clearly" Thats why your here to give them water"but not the physical water, the water Jesus gives. Kids were gathered all around, all pilled up under the well just getting soaked wearing the same clothes day in and day out and I could not stop thinking about how that is what we are here for. To Love them and hold them and show them Jesus, to pour out the water Jesus gave then, and the water he still gives now. As for the can of beans I cant help but say that us as Americans take for granted so much, the things we have and the priveledges God has allowed us, after the well I sat down with some of the kids and played with them. But I looked over at this little boy who must have been 3 to 5 years old feeding his little brother who was maybe at the most a year old, out the the only cup of rice and beans they had, man it convicted me so much b/c I had a bag of beef jerky in my pocket I had been hiding all day and I saw this little boy with the only thing he had giving to his little brother. Yeah I chewed on that for awhile and God deffinatly softened my heart. I have to say the one thing God loves is a child's heart and it amazing how he will use a child to show us how to have one.

5 comments:

Stephanie Musso said...

Barton, Man...I love reading your blogs! The thought that God gave you on the "water" was incredible...we can't even begin to "swim" in all that Jesus has to offer us! You keep doing what you are doing down there...we are proud of you and the team! Love, Momma Moose & Papa Moose

Anonymous said...

what a heart my son has

Connie Firmin said...

wow! Barton, I love reading your perspective on things.

Jamie said...

Dude,
you have nevre ceased to amaze me! Take a ton of photos, and keep the posts coming!

Cecil & Pam said...

God has richly blessed our family through our children and grandchildren! Your great grandmother Edith rejoices today in heaven as she sees you touching these children and her prays along with ours have been heard and answered. We pray daily for you as you continue your ministry! Your words,your work, and your love blesses our hearts and our lives greatly!