Friday, April 6, 2007

What a Night of Reflection

As Easter approaches us and all the the preperations take place, the prayer, outreaches, organizing volunteers, and picking all the details apart it can be easy to lose sight of what you are really doing all the work for. Last night We had a special movie viewing of The Passion of Christ at the Annex and then worship afterwords. As the movie played thru the night and the scenes passed thru my mind, I could hear so many diffrent things going on in the room people crying, and prayers being lifted, noises of anguish and grief filled the air, even thankyou's being said ever so faintly. I took in the passion this time like I never have before with a new sense of understanding and a new sense of fellowship, it was such a unique experience being in a room with fellow believers, In some way it felt as though we were all the disciples that had been with Jesus had had watched this happen to him in person so we mourned together. But at the same time when we worshippedhim after because we know that our king lives and has made us new thru his sacrifice. What an amazing opportunity and blessing it was to worship and experience the story of our savior with brothers and sisters in Christ. Knowing that we are all together striving for the same thing and freely accepting what God has given his Son.
I also thought about all the people from around the world that will hear the Gospel in many diffrent Churches and locations how incrediable it will be that in these precious moments the whole world will be centered on the Death, Burial, and resurrection, of Jesus Christ. This is the one message that stands for all eternity and for every life, so many people will make decisions to walk into Church for the first time and they will hear the plan of salvation in its truest form and in the simplest way. It has already been a year since last Easter and I remember all the hard work and effort put into the service and the lives that were changed but I also know that there are still people out there that dont know yet and this weekend they will have the chance to make the greatest decision they will ever make. What a priveledge it is to be apart of Gods work. This year God is wanting to do something big are we ready to respond.

Last year Easter at the River Center
OVER 7,000 IN ATTENDANCE
AND OVER 300 PEOPLE CAME TO KNOW CHRIST
And finally the most moving part of the movie for me last night was when the thief was on the Cross and he told Jesus that he was an innocent man,but for himself his punishment was just and he deserved what he was getting and he only asked Jesus if he would remember him when he entered into his kingdom. Then Jesus looked up with sheer joy in his eyes and said today you will be with me in Paradise. That was the point that I connected the most, b/c I felt like the thief , in that I know my punishment is just and I deserved it, but then Jesus looked up at me and smilled, then he said all of this is for you. Your punishment is paid. And by you acknowledging me you are now cleasned by my blood. Oh man what a moment of freedom. Jesus even in the mist of his pain and suffering still chose to put me first and everyone else first. Because it was the Cross where everything was paid for. And I am no longer held captive by darkness, but now I am delivered by his light.

No comments: